Thanks for visiting Black Girl’s Guide to Calm! If you’re looking for tips and advice on how to overcome your overwhelm and create more calm and peace in your life, you’re in the right place.
I’m Jamie, and I know firsthand how difficult it can be to maintain calm and peace in your life, especially as a woman (and a Black woman in particular). Whether you’re married or single, a mother or child-free, an entrepreneur or in Corporate America, we all play many different roles that lead us to feeling stressed out, worn out, and burned out, and we often end up putting ourselves and our needs on the backburner. But you don’t have to live your life this way! I created Black Girl’s Guide to Calm to show you how you can change things around.
Why Black Girl’s Guide to Calm?
I became more consistent with my meditation and yoga practices after having a baby in 2013. Long story short (you can read the long version here), I found myself completely overwhelmed and frustrated with my roles as wife, mama, and entrepreneur (who worked from home). Ultimately, practices like meditation, yoga, and self-care helped me change myself and my life — literally. And I want to show you how you can use these methods to transform yourself and your life as well so you can be a happier and healthier you!
This brand is for you if:
- You’re tired of always feeling burned out, stressed out, and worn out — and want to do something about it.
- You want to incorporate tools like meditation, yoga, and self-care into your life.
- You want to feel more peaceful, harmonized, and happier.
Start your days on a positive and peaceful note with my guided morning meditation audio.
Want to start creating calm now? Here are some posts to get you started:
- 15 Reasons You Should Start A Meditation Practice
- The Importance of Self-Care
- 4 Tips for Beginning Meditators
- 7 Reasons You Should Start Doing Yoga
- 3 Breathing Techniques for Stress Relief
- 20 Affirmations for Calm and Inner Peace
Calm Coach Jamie Fleming-Dixon works with women who are tired of being burned out, stressed out, and worn out. She teaches them how to create calm so they can be happier and healthier women.
Jamie’s love of meditation and yoga was sparked after giving birth to her daughter, Nailah, in 2013. Her mission is to teach women how to use calming techniques so they can enjoy life again.