Thanks for visiting Black Girl’s Guide to Calm! If you’re looking for advice on how to stress less and create more calm and peace in your life, you’re in the right place.
I’m Jamie, and I know firsthand how difficult it can be to maintain calm and peace in your life, especially as a woman (and a Black woman in particular). Whether you’re married or single, a mother or child-free, an entrepreneur or in Corporate America, we all play many different roles that lead us to feeling stressed out, worn out, and burned out, and we often end up putting ourselves and our needs on the backburner. But you don’t have to live your life this way! I created Black Girl’s Guide to Calm to show you how you can change things around.
Why Black Girl’s Guide to Calm?
Although I’ve been practicing meditation and yoga off and on for a few years, I became more consistent after having a baby in 2013. Long story short (you can read the long version here), I found myself completely overwhelmed and frustrated with my roles as wife, mama, and entrepreneur (who worked from home). Ultimately, meditation, yoga, and self-care helped me change myself and my life — literally. And my desire is to teach you how to use these methods to transform yourself and your life as well so you can be a happier and healthier you!
This brand is for you if:
- You’re tired of being burned out, stressed out, and worn out — and want to do something about it.
- You want to know how to incorporate meditation, yoga, and self-care into your life.
- You want to feel more peaceful, calmer, and happier.
- You’re ready to enjoy life again.
If you’re ready to find your calm, get your weekly videos for finding calm with #SerenitySunday.
Want to start creating calm now? Here are some posts to get you started:
10 Random Things About Me
- I reeeaaallly love nail polish. I change my fingernail color weekly, and I probably have 100+ different colors.
- I reeeaaaallly love books, too. I’m usually reading two or three at a time (both fiction and non-fiction). I’m always on Kindle/Kindle Unlimited or Google Play, looking for new books to read.
- Part of the reason I keep my locs is that I don’t really like putting too much effort into my hair.
- I’ve been best friends with my first best friend for 24 years.
- My daughter watches Sesame Street so much that the songs are always stuck in my head.
- I don’t like fruit, but I love veggies.
- Malcolm X is one of my favorite movies.
- I watch reality TV (I’m trying to cut back though).
- I enjoy reading peoples’ opinions and thoughts on online forums.
- I’m an introvert and don’t talk much unless I really know you.
Calm Coach Jamie Fleming-Dixon works with women who are tired of being burned out, stressed out, and worn out. She teaches them how to create calm so they can be happier and healthier women.
Jamie’s love of meditation and yoga was sparked after giving birth to her daughter, Nailah, in 2013. Her mission is to teach women how to use calming techniques so they can enjoy life again.